eXtended Reality (XR) is an emerging umbrella term for all the immersive technologies (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Mixed Reality) able to extend the user senses by blending the virtual and real worlds and creating a fully immersive experience.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a broad area of computer science that makes machines seem like they have human intelligence. The goal of AI is to mimic the human brain and create systems that can function intelligently and independently.
The XR&AI Summer School is focused on the synergy of these technologies for cultural and territorial heritage, medicine and industry.
The School is open to Ph.D. and Master students, post-doctoral researchers, and academic or industrial researchers.
The XR&AI Summer School is a satellite event of the International Conference on eXtended Reality (XR Salento).
Take a look back at the previous schools:
- Pasquale Arpaia – Università di Napoli Federico II, Napoli (Italy)
- Lucio Tommaso De Paolis – Università del Salento, Lecce (Italy)
- Ugo Erra – Università della Basilicata, Potenza (Italy)
- Nicola Masini – CNR-ISPC, Potenza (Italy)
- Roberto Pierdicca – Università Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona (Italy)
- Raffaele Vitulli – Cluster Basilicata Creativa, Matera (Italy)
- Primo Zingaretti – Università Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona (Italy)
- Nicola Felice Capece - Università della Basilicata, Potenza (Italy)
- Carola Gatto - Università del Salento, Lecce (Italy)
- Gabriele Gilio - Università della Basilicata, Potenza (Italy)
- Nicla Notarangelo - Università della Basilicata, Potenza (Italy)
- Silke Miss – XRtechnology srl, Lecce (Italy)
- Ileana Riera Panaro – Università del Salento, Lecce (Italy)
Casa delle Tecnologie Emergenti
Via S. Rocco, 1
75100 Matera, Italy
From Bari Palese Airport
The nearest airport is Bari Palese (60 km), from where you can get to Matera in the following ways:
- by direct shuttle bus service served by Miccolis (see the “Direct Booking” section);
- by direct shuttle bus service (see the “Bus Tour of Aeroporti di Puglia” section);
- by direct shuttle bus service by Grassani E Garofalo (see the timetable);
- by train with the Nord Barese Railway Line (ferrovienordbarese.it), reaching the station of Bari Centrale. Leaving the station, you get Piazza Aldo Moro: at that point, turn left to reach FAL (Ferrovie Appulo Lucane), where several trains arrive at Matera Centrale Station in about 80 minutes;
- by private transfer booking by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.